Intro to fitness and the outdoors
This program will give you the baseline fitness and skills to get out in the wilderness safely with the support of extremely knowledgeable and friendly professionals
If you know you'd rather be outdoors and fit and happy than in a gym but don't know where to start then this program is for you! We give you a personalized training program to follow, we give you skills to be safe in the outdoors, and we get you fit.
The program includes:
• A private intro session (90mins), where you will meet your trainer and have an opportunity to ask questions. Your trainer will conduct a needs-analysis of your training goals and aspirations in order to develop a specific training program tailored just for you. Your trainer will conduct a brief postural assessment and injury history, and you will also get a workout, that's always guaranteed!
• An intro to the outdoors session (2 hours), we show you what gear we take out hiking and climbing so when you go out on your own you'll bring everything you need and nothing you don't. We discuss, clothing, layering systems, footwear, packs, hydration systems, navigation systems, light and fast systems, and answer any equipment related questions you have. We also get a workout!
• An intro to hiking session (1hour) we cover trail etiquette, hiking efficiency, off trail hiking techniques, wilderness hazards, bear safety,
• 2 fitness blast sessions (1 hour each). These are outdoor workouts focused on having fun, where we expand your fitness and advance your training program!
• An overuse injury prevention session (1 hour). As you become addicted to outdoor activity these exercises will keep your hips, knees, shoulders and core balanced and strong so you can enjoy the outdoors all you like without developing common overuse injuries.
Participants in this program receive a 20% discount on a one-day introductory level rockclimbing course!